Saturday, March 27, 2010

babeling-17

I truly enjoyed babel-17 it was an amazing read, all great characters everyone of them. I did not mind being thrown in the middle of the story like I was the story was not complex so it was really easy to figure out. What was trouble sum for me was the writing language the book is in. sometimes I just could not for the life of me figure out what the hell is going on. There would just be certain parts in the book just randomly where I felt the book was talking gibberish or maybe just babel-17. But I did really enjoy the complexity of babel-17 I felt the book really kept you on your toes. The book also pushed a lot of bounds at the time of the books release it was uncustom to have such an out going female lead role at the time it was unheard of but the author had done it. I also love the world the author has set up like the whole prosthetic surgery thing being not only accepted but also encouraged not that anyone is condemned for not doing it. It was just interesting to hear all the scenes or individual characters with oh how you say enhancements. Like the pilot who resembles a lion or the ships cook who has the ears horns and tail of the devil. Its just an entirely normal thing which kind of resembles todays kids with all the body modifications. I wonder how long before something like the book will be completely realistic. This book was the first book I have ever read that just dropped me into it like it was part or a series and I just happened to read the second first by mistake so this book is definitely unique. But despite all of that this book was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment