Wednesday, April 14, 2010

snow crash

I really enjoyed snow crash it was a really good book but the book was so jumbled and hectic. Which seems to be the case of most sci fi books. But this book was slightly different because I could just find entire pages to skip because of it sheer mess of words. And because of so much confusion it wasn't till a quarter of the way through the book that I noticed time wasn't linear which also might add to the mass gobbledygook. I could not get into the characters very much because of all the switching and hoping around. But if I had to pick a character to follow around it would be Hiro Protagonist he seemed the most interesting. But he never hung around and when it did get to him I couldnt tell in what time place the story took part in and for the love god why all the jumping around. But Y.T. Was a close second she was really interesting as well I especially enjoyed it when the two were working together. The book should have just focused on just that. So of the concepts the book was trying to push were a little diluted to be honest the books biggest problem was the fact that it was all of the place in more than one way.

No comments:

Post a Comment